Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hopefully, It was only a dream~

Yieks, woke up this morning in a complete panic! I had just had an"adding a fourth child" dream...maybe more of a nightmare! I dreamed that we had gotten a phone call, telling us they had the baby and were dropping her off in a matter of minutes (number one clue this was a dream!!). It was early morning and I was trying to get everyone packed up and out the door. I dropped everything to try and find a car seat and formula! She was suddenly in my arms and I was trying to get everyone in the car to get to school. I had her in this old scary car seat and kept looking at her thinking that I really needed to feed her! We got to school and I had to run around the building finding leaves for the kids lunches because I hadn't had time to pack them anything else...(once again...crazy dream!) I was ticked because I didn't have my Moby Wrap (fabulous baby carrier) and my hands were full of baby and leaves. My mom showed up and offered to hold the baby, but I said only I could hold her because we had to bond and I had to figure out how to feed her...so mom put her hands on her hips, threw some leaves at me and said "you got yourself into this mess, you'll have to figure it out!" and left! (another sign this was a terrible dream) I woke up at this point. I think Freud would have a hey-day!

Here's my analysis...I am a little freaked out about bottle feeding...having only nursed. Life is pretty chaotic and I didn't think I was too concerned about adding a baby, but maybe my subconcious has another take on that! Packing lunches is always a pain in the butt and always a crazy time of the am, I must need to add some creativity! My parents are moving home to MN, I can find myself already planning to rely on them a ton (maybe more than they are aware :) ) and I know THE phone call is a long way off, and I am wishing it were closer. All I know is she sure was a beautiful little girl!

Referrals continue to be in limbo. It seems like our wait might stretch closer to 7 months than 5 months. So just hoping we have this little one in our arms before summer.

Off to think of some more creative lunches and read up on bottle feeding...

1 comment:

Abby said...

Hi! My name is Abby, I'm a lurker over at the chsfs Ethiopia forums. My best friend is actually adopting through chsfs & we are adopting from Ethiopia with a different agency.

ANYWAY, I wanted to let you know that laptop lunchbox site has great ideas for lunches (healthy too). I thought you might want to take a look. Just google it, you'll find the correct link.

You know, I have crazy dreams too! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading about your journey.

Abby