Saturday, June 6, 2009

Schools out for Summer!!

It's officially summer in our world. School got out on Thursday afternoon. I now have a 6th grader, a 4th grader and a 1st grader! (and a princess who thinks she is 1 going on 16!) Wow. The year went by so very fast. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. J-dog is not too far from seeing the top of my head, and Mr B is getting to long and solid for me to comfortably carry. It goes too darn fast.

So what does summer hold?

It's almost time for a week at the lake with the grandparents and cousins...then home for some much needed house projects, pool time and baseball games. We were set to do 4 nights a week of baseball...t-ball on M/W and baseball for the bigger boys Tu/Thurs. However, biggest boy fell the second night of practice and broke his elbow. OUCH! He is in a sling at the moment, with hopes to have it off by the time we head to the lake in a week. Poor kid. I guess it was a career ending injury. Good thing we won't miss out on the opportunity to see baseball games, still have 4 nights of games a week, just not running so much in between! We are hoping for a week on the North Shore and lots of little family outings here and there. All in all, it should be a good summer.

I have to put in more hours at work over the summer. Dad is home so he gets kid duty. I am already missing my one on one with Miss Sassy. She and I have been joined at the hip since she came home, now she will be with daddy 10-3 everyday. As nice as it will be to actually get some work done, I will really miss having her at the shop. I don't think daddy realizes how busy she is. He has a list a mile long of all he hopes to accomplish this summer. I think top of his list will be chase Miss Sassy. She has a mind and a will all her own, and she just goes and goes and goes! Gotta love it! Can't wait to see what really gets done.

I promise to upload some pics soon. We are having picture issues with the computer at the moment, so it may be a bit.

Three cheers for summer!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

woo-hoo! Can't wait for pictures!

jillymags said...

You're back!!! I stopped checking every day and just stopped by to see if you had a new post! Yahoo! Miss Sassy sounds like she would get a long great with her cousin. They can chase each other around and hopefully wear eachother out so that everyone goes to bed on time and sleeps through the night!

Mom to many said...

Can't wait to see how Little Miss Sunshine has grown. I am dreading the summer baseball schedule after 1 1/2 full weeks of it. Geesh, I am tired! Good luck!