Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Warning: Pity Party Ahead!

I want my daughter. I am tired of waiting. I don't want to wait any longer. I want to set up her nursery. I want cuddles, and diapers, and middle of the night feedings. (now..me laying on the floor banging hands and fists....children running in with chocolate to cure mom's tantrum...okay slightly better)

I feel incredibly selfish, wanting this child sooo much. In order for her to come to me, she will have to go through great loss and tragedy, her birth mother will have to make one of the hardest decisions....and yet, I have to acknowledge that I am impatient. I do want her home.

It is looking like the wait is increasing. My contact at the agency said to be ready for a 7 month wait. So long February referral. Maybe by April. Just seems like such a long way off. Then there is that wait to travel. Waiting, waiting waiting....soo not my best skill.

Okay, done with the pity party. I am going to go indulge in Chocolate....lots and lots of dark chocolate!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Eat the chocolate - its sooo good for you! :)

She'll be worth the wait - but I so hear you. The last months of any "pregnancy" are hard!

--Auntie