Thursday, July 16, 2009

On one hand...and on the other

Okay so changes have begun. I have decided to close my baby boutique. The economy has really hit us hard. People are still shopping, but spending so much less. I just finally got tired of the worry, the headaches, and the constant stress. At times I am almost giddy with the freedom that is on the horizon, and other times I am so scared of what next that a whole new form of panic sets in.

On the one hand, I knew in my heart it was done and I was done and the dream that was the shop was turning into more of a nightmare.

On the other hand, I wonder if I really tried everything, explored every avenue, gave it my all completely because it was so close to making it.

On one hand I will be thrilled to be bringing in money instead of continuing to throw money at the shop.

On the other hand, I have no idea what I am going to do to make that money!

On one hand I am excited about the possibilities of exploring something new,
On the other hand, I have NO idea what I want to do and worry that nothing will come along.

The next few weeks will be crazy. We are on vacation right now, which is good and bad. Good because after I announced the closing, I headed out of town and didn't have to deal with the fall out. But, I am still getting calls and thinking about all that needs to be done. It just sits constantly at the back of my mind. SO while being away and busy has been good, I can't totally escape. Next week, the shop will be closed all week and I will prep it for the final sales. There are two people who are interested in buying it if they can get the financing. That has lots of "on one hand" and "on the other hand" as well. IF that happens, then I really am just about done. And now what? looms pretty big on the horizon. Yieks.

Otherwise, the kids are doing great. We are in Duluth and they are loving the big lake and rock throwing and sightseeing. Eric is teaching at a teachers institute all week, so the kids and I have grand adventures during the day while he teaches, then we meet for evening adventures after that. It has been fun but not too relaxing...the kids just want to go and go and go!

So, now you are caught up. If anyone has any good job ideas...I'll be looking!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Enjoy the break and the adventures. The answers will come when they are supposed to. You are doing GREAT!

Mom to many said...

Oh - I hear you .... a bittersweet ending. Could you do something online instead? If you market it right... you could do an "Adoption" thing or help out Ethiopia.... like TOMS shoes? Just read their story and --- wow! It has such a purpose! Don't worry - God has something marvelous in store for you!