Saturday, January 5, 2008

Four Months Down!!

Four months into the wait! We should be over 1/2 way. There have been a flurry of referrals in the last week or two which is very exciting. We continue to move up the list which is nice to see after a long dry spell of no movement. I would still guess a referral in April with travel in the summer. Eric and I have been talking about the trip and if we really do travel in the summer, we can go early and spend some time in Ethiopia getting to know the country before we pick up our girl. It would be a wonderful opportunity!

I think I am in the nesting stage. I am getting a little carried away with cleaning closets, bedrooms, cupboards and the like. It is slowly taking shape and you can almost hear the house sigh with relief when one more room gets done! Lets just say the men in my life are true pack rats! Yesterday was little B's room and I have never seen so many little bits of paper, rubberbands, half eaten pieces of candy, rocks etc. Yieks! Thankfully I found nothing that was alive!

Kids finally start back to school Monday. It is time for the return of the routine. It has been great hanging out together, but it is time for everyone to have their time apart!

Here's to a speedy next three months and maybe a referral that takes us by surprise!

:)

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

i vote pray for a surprise referral. :) but really, it could go much quicker than you think!!! i can't wait to hear, i can't say it enough!