Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 is going to be Great!

Wow, last year at this time, I had just been given the book "The Complete Guide to International Adoption" by my wonderful husband. It was a sign to me that he was ready to look at adding to our family through adoption. I was giddy with the prospects and devoured the book in a few short days. My mind spun, my heart raced... and then I had to slow down and let him catch up! He did and now, here I am almost 4 months into the wait for my daughter and although I don't know how soon I will know her face, I already know her little soul...it is growing in my heart and I know this year, we will love her right into our family.

We set up her crib space yesterday. Yes, maybe a little premature, but necessary for my heart. ( I will post a pic as soon as I can get it downloaded on to the computer.) It made it all seem so very real. She will be in our bedroom in the little seating area. Now when I wake up in the morning, her crib is the first thing I see. It fills me with such joy.

As we gathered with friends on New Years Eve and talked about all the changes a new year can bring, I decided that 2008 could very well be one of the best years of my life. I get an amazing opportunity to travel, my kids are at such fun stages, my house is finally feeling settled , the shop has some interesting possibilities, my parents are just " up the road" instead of states away ...and I will finally hold my daughter. I thank God for the amazing blessings that surround me on a daily basis. I am blessed beyond measure...God is so very very good!


So buckle in blog-reading friends, it's going to be a fantastic ride through a great 2008!

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

Amen! It WILL be a good year for you! I can't wait to see pics of the crib. Did you get on that website for ET wear? there was a beautiful dress and I thought of you. Soon enough you'll have a little girl to fill that! :) You're theoretically over halfway done with the wait. How does THAT feel?