Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is 37 reallly the new 27??

Not sure I am feeling it! Today I turn the big 37. To many, I am just a kid...to others I am really old (like my 5 yr old for example..."mom that's a lot of years!" ) I think I am feeling every one of those 37 years. My bones are tired...parts of me that shouldn't be sagging seem to be, and I may be getting a wee bit of dementia! I have yet to catch myself coming and going today. If you see me, send me back to me...

I must say however, that at 37 I have a lot more wisdom than I did at 27. At 27 I was a first time parent. Although I would love the energy I had at 27, parenting a toddler at 37 IS easier. I have a much better view of the world, my world and how the two mesh. What seemed soo important at 27 doesn't even hit the radar now. My values have stronger roots, my self confidence is much more about me than about how others see me, and I KNOW without a doubt that faith and family are the two most important things in the world to me.

So even though this day has been less then celebratory, I am thankful to be here, jumping with both feet into another year, blessed beyond measure to have the mileage of the first 37 years shaping the next 37!~

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday :)

hotflawedmama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! YAYAYAYAY I love birthdays! Have a happy, happy one!

whatever_heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I am excited about 30s (almost there)...they seem much more fun, actually. :)