Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Other Stuff

Okay, I am deviating a bit from the heavy reflections. My brain resembles Jello right now! Baby girl has decided that 2 am is a really nice time to get up and have quality time with mom and dad. We are not convinced. However, she really likes this particular hour of the wee small ones. So between chasing this toddling, tsunami imitating little person around all day and partying at 2am, I am feeling a bit rough around the edges! I feel soo much older with a toddler at 36 (for only 1 more day) than I did with a toddler at 31. If she weren't so stinkin cute as she destroys everything in reach, I might be reconsidering this whole proposition...but alas she is the most precious one year old around...so we will continue onward! Then there are the two kittens who have taken over my bathroom. They too are adorable, and actually much more destructive than baby girl. We have our own special brand of chaos around here and I love it all...especially when I can collapse into bed at night (once I remove the stuffed animals, random socks, books, and laundry!)

How can it already be almost Christmas? That is a question weighing heavy in the jello brain today. As a retailer, this season is more bah humbug than joy to the world, but I am hoping for my very own little Christmas miracle. If you have small independent retailers in your area...support them. There are no bail outs coming our way! My own little shop is at a bit of a turning point. My lease is up in a month and while I love my happy little spot, I wouldn't mind a slightly better location. I have 2 possibilities. One is way up there on the list and one I have yet to see. It will be a very interesting week as I need to make a decision. Add that to my little tsunami, few shoppers, 12 loads of laundry and the opportunity to turn 37 this week and I think I know why my brain is mush. Maybe I need that quiet 2am hour to get something done! Super woman I am not.


So now that you have read all that, your brain may well be jello too as you try to comprehend my scattered state! All I can say is say a little prayer for direction for my shop...shop your local retailers...and if you find the fountain of youth...let me know!

3 comments:

Mom to many said...

This Christmas I have decided less is more! I am trying to find the PERFECT gift for my children instead of buying many ---- one is it, so we say for now. That might help out the Christmas chaos!!

Cindy said...

3 awesome posts! Thanks so much for writing them!

Cathy said...

I just caught up on your blog. Probably shouldn't have done it at work as I am now fighting back tears. Thank you for sharing your struggles and your joys. It was just beautiful and I so look forward the day when I can reflect on my own journey to Africa and my precious little peanut.