Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too Cold to Go To School

You know it's bad when they cancel school the night before because it is going to be too cold to go to school in the morning. Yieks! We are already at -17 and headed to about -24 and that is straight temp without the windchill...that takes you down to about -40. Boy I sure do love living in Minnesota.

We have had quite a week. Miss Sunshine is cutting two bottom teeth and is quite a bear. Mom had the tummy flu for two days and was totally out of commission (and that is NEVER good) The shop closes on Sat so we can move to our new digs, it's finals week for hubby and my baby turns 11 on Friday. YIEKS and YIEKS once again. So a day of being home might not be all bad...the kids have had it pretty easy this week. School called early on Mon for a blizzard, late start Tuesday for the teachers...maganged to go all day today, now no school tomorrow...ahh the life of a student!

I "did" Sunshines hair for the first time tonight. She has such tight little curls that when I combed it out, I was amazed how much it has grown! She has 4 little puffs in. I tried to take a pic, but the camera died. If she hasn't figured out how to pull them out by tomorrow, I will post a pic. For now, I am heading to bed...fully dressed in my long johns, sweats, and socks with a down comforter, and an extra blanket or two. Then I may try to con at least one child to hop in as well as a dog and a kitten or two. It is WAY beyond a three dog night!!

4 comments:

whatever_heather said...

Are you freaking kidding me??
You guys need to come south for the winter!!

Cindy said...

That sounds just awesome...alright...for real...I would not be able to function. I cannot wait to see little misses hair!

Stacie said...

Long time no hello. We were in Mankato today...drove right by the store, but didn't have time to stop. We were in town for our home study for adoption #2. Where is your store moving to? I may need to know this info

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

Stacie,
That is soo exciting! We are just moving down the block (3 blocks actually!) Keep me posted on #2~