Saturday, September 22, 2007

How life will change

It is very quiet here this morning. Ben is off on a date day with grandma and grandpa, the brothers are happily cocooned in front of Sat am cartoons, and I am sitting in complete peace and quiet. These moments are so few and far between. As I sit sipping coffee this morning, I can't help but think about how different life will be in just a few short months. We will have a baby here again! Wow....I am pretty comfortable in my little life right now. The boys are pretty self sufficiant (messy...but they can get their snacks and get dressed all by themselves!) My world is pretty ordered and predictable. I can not wait to have it turned upside down! I think of waking in the morning to baby smiles, laying on the floor, playing with stacking cups...having my house cluttered with "baby stuff". OH I just can't wait!

I started making a list in my head the other day of what we need to do to get ready for this little one. We have given away most of the baby gear. Toys and blankets are in abundance from the store...but there's the highchair, the exersaucer, the car seat...time to get the list of essentials figured out and start scavenging! What a fun quest!

I promised myself I would take advantage of this little oasis of solitude and realtive calm...it won't be back for a few years...but i am so glad it is just a little rest stop along the way...bring me the chaos of 4 kids! I am so ready!

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

AMEN SISTER! I can't wait to read of that chaos! How good does it feel to write "officially waiting" on your timeline?