Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This journey has two sides

There was a comment made on my last post (I deleted it...I was a little ticked). In a relatively nice fashion, I was reminded that this daughter only comes to me through great loss on another mother's part, and that I shouldn't forget this mother in the joy of my raising this daughter.

How could I forget this mother?? She is carrying our shared daugther! I cannot even imagine the pain and heartache she will go through as she brings this child into the world and then must entrust her to be raised by someone else. I pray for this mother on a daily basis.

As I took my morning walk, this mother on the other side of the world that is carrying this precious child, was all I could think about. Was she cold? Was she hungry? Was she excited as this little one moved in her womb or does it fill her with fear? Has she already placed this sweet child to be raised by me? As I walked because I wanted to, I imagine her walking because she had too, for water, for food...

SO yes, there will be times on this blog that I relish in the thoughts of raising this child...where I celebrate the joys of raising a daughter...but never far from my heart or my prayers is the mother that is growing this child we will share. We are connected for life, by a thread that connects us heart and soul...

No comments: