Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hooked on a Feeling

Can't explain this feeling in any way other than to say it is just my gut...I think baby girl will be born Nov. 30th. This was grandma m's birthday, and I can just imagine her tucked in up there in heaven, watching her great granddaughter come into the world. For those that knew grandma, you know what I mean when I say I just have that sense. (Got that from grandma :) ) Whether she is about to be born, is already in this world, or is on her way, I continue to pray that God protects her, and that God surrounds her mother with strength and healing as she faces circumstances I cannot imagine. God, protect them both....

On to the truly mundane....the list continues to move. However, I am bracing myself for a March or April referral at the earliest with travel in the summer. There are many families ahead of us. I am hoping to not travel the one week we have set aside for a family vacation in June...but I will go whenever that call comes!! I know that God has the timing all figured out and in all honesty, at this point, I am okay to wait...there are lots of things brewing and I am sure the timing will be just right. I know she will come.

Everyone here is battling the resp crud. The nights and early mornings are a symphony of deep frog coughs and sniffle-y noses. Rumor has it this one lasts about a month. :(. The first big snow of the season is being predicted for the weekend. I am ready...I think I have found all the jackets and mittens! We were rehearsing Michael W Smiths "Welcome to Our World" last night with the youth choir. I got all misty eyed, thinking of my baby girl. I think it might be a rather emotional Christmas....they always are when I am expecting and this time is no different! Bring on the kleenx.

Well, if you are still reading...hats off to you...this was a lot of random babble...but it's what's running through my mind. Have a great rest of your weeks...leave me a note, I would love to know who is reading along...and if you are the praying type, please say a little prayer for baby girl and her families...here and in Ethiopia!

4 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

Ohhhh, wouldn't that be great to know she's being born? And how crazy if she is in fact being born at that time? I'll be praying there will be as many infant referrals as there has been toddler referrals! Then you can "move that list"

Kris said...

I'll bring the tissues... :)

This is sooo exciting!

--Auntie K

Cody said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have been following the updates from here in NY-- its good to hear whats going on. Know that I am thinking of you all and praying!
--brianna

Cindy said...

Super sweet! I hope the family feels better soon. I really hope that we are not all waiting until April...but as you said it will happen when it is meant to.