Sunday, November 18, 2007

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month. Needless to say, this year it has taken on a whole new meaning. I am finding that I am surrounded by people who have been touched by adoption. I love it when God just plops someone in your everyday world who is either traveling the path with you or has been on a similar journey. It is great fun! One such friend I have never met in person, but we have become "e-mail" sisters...sharing the ups and downs together. She just got her referral! What a happy day that was. Needless to say I was just a tidge jealous...but so excited for her, her family , and the new little person joining them. That is what this journey is all about. Bringing families together. I know it will be a while until our referral comes, but I completely trust God's timing, and am thankful to even be able to travel this road.

We have one more check to send in to the adoption agency. Still needing to get creative to get that final threshold crossed....I have a hard time "fund-raising" for this. It seems like it is a choice we have made and we need to figure out how we are going to finance it...yet on the flip side, at lot of the money we pay goes to help the kids still without families; needing medical care etc in the orphanage. It's something I am praying on...hoping for an answer soon :)!

As we gather with family this week to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday....my heart overflows with Thanksgiving. Thankful that we can offer our homes and our hearts to this child, thankful that our friends and families support us in this venture, and thankful that God is always at the helm, and that this journey called life is never dull!

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

Amen! Thank you, so very much for being my email sister and for being so supportive despite longing for your own referral. You are the best. I cannot wait to whoop and hollar when you get yours! :)

Happy National Adoption Month and Thanksgiving!