Friday, February 8, 2008

Any News?

So it seems people are getting anxious to hear about this little girl of ours! An acquaintance stopped me at the Y today to tell me she had heard we were getting close! E said people at work are asking how soon we will travel. It feels like that last month of pregnancy when everyone keeps saying..."no baby yet??" And we still have soo far to go. Once we get a referral (of which there have been hardly any in 2008) we then get time to review the file and accept the referral. Then the staff in ET is contacted and they start the process of making her officially ours. We will wait for a court date, then her birth certificate and then our travel date. So all in all, once we get the referral, it will be another 12-16 weeks before we go and get her. (And you think I am impatient now!!) I am really hoping that we travel before September...but time will tell! I have been overdue with all the boys, so no reason for this to go ahead of schedule! So, we promise, as soon as there is any news...as soon as there is a chance of any news...heck even if we hear someone else has news...we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh....I feel for you.
Just wanted to let you know that we are leaving today to bring home Ryelynn.
Will stop by the store some time after we get home.
Stacie Forsberg...Minnesota

Sprout's House said...

Yes, yes, yes. You took the words right out of my mouth! I think I have explained the court thing to about 20 people this week. They all thought we would receive a referral and be on a plane to Ethiopia the next. If only.....

Ugh! How much longer? (insert whine here!)