Tuesday, February 5, 2008

5 months Waiting

Yay! We made it to 5 months waiting. But oh the wait is taking it's toll. Things are really off to a slow start. There haven't been very many referrals at all yet in 2008. They (our agency) is predicting a wait of 6-9 months. On the unofficial list we are 27th for an infant girl. Not sure where we are officially. So cup half full...we could have a referral by Easter....cup half empty, we could have a referral by memorial day or the summer solstice! Can't decide where my cup is today. I must be enrolled in the remedial patience class cause I just keep having to wait! I am definitely flunking this class!!

Things I am going to do to stay busy....
1. clean my kitchen cupboards
2. clean all of our closets
3. Find the box with all our baby stuff in it ( this alone could take a month!)
4. Weed out all of our gluck
5. Paint my bathroom
6. Paint the back hallway
7. Go out for coffee / wine with all those people I have been saying I want to get together with!

Have any more suggestions? I guess I will also raise the 3 kids I do have at home, run the business that needs a little TLC right now....and try not to only make cookies to eat the dough!

So there is the we made it to 5 months pity party...how pathetic...think I'll go make cookies!

4 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

I know the wait can start getting old!!! I still predict it will come sooner rather than later. What a list! Nothin like shootin for the stars! :)

buderfli said...

I'll take the coffee or the wine!! I am moving Feb 23...now, can you guess who I am? :) Look closely at the email name... :) ANDY GRIFFITH?

Cindy said...

OOOOHHHHH I want it to be soon! I cannot believe that it has been 5 months. Party away my dear.

Cindy said...

Alright...I thought of something that might help the wait. I have decided I would LOVE to give you the dress I made if you would like it. I "think" it is about18-24 months. It is not perfect but I did enjoy making it and I think it turned out beautifully. Let me know what you think. If you haven't seen it it is one of my posts somewhere.
Later Gator.