Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Snowing Again

Ugh, it is snowing again. The wind is howling, the temps are in the single digits, the windchills are somewhere far beyond zero and I am cranky with a capital C!

The adoption wait is really taking it's toll on me right now. We have been sitting at 37 for weeks and we just moved to 38! I really don't want to move backward. I am now getting concerned that we may have to wait through court closures (CHSFS stops giving referrals in June as they don't want families to get stuck when the courts close during the rainy season in Aug and Sept) That would mean we would maybe have her home by Thanksgiving. Oh I just shudder to think that is a possibility. Unless there is some amazing movement in the next few weeks, I don't know how we can move up the list in time to get a referral before closures.

I just can't seem to catch a break right now. The shop is kicking my a****, we seem to have had sick kids since Christmas, I am so tired of it being cold and snowy....and I am tired of being chief cook, maid, activities director, chauffer, and all around buck stops here girl! I need a vacation! But alas, that isn't in the future either. SO there is the pitiful story for the day. All around cranky and crabby cakes...signing off....must find chocolate....

1 comment:

Cindy said...

cyber (((HUGS))). Lets not think about court closures.