Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Great Unknown

It 's a cold and rainy day in MN. It makes me long for fall and the wonderful flow of routine, predictability, and weeks that fly by. Not that I want these days to pass too quickly. There is something so magical about watching your children grow. Josh can eat us out of house and home, Zach still needs mommy time, and Ben is that little sponge that soaks in everything (especially all the things you don't want him to soak up!) But I do love the routine of fall. For someone who thrives on change, the start of school always feels ripe with new beginnings and possibilities. I wonder where my daughter is right now. Is she born? Is she growing? How soon will I know her? At the moment I am remarkably relaxed about timing. It could be that my mind is all over the place on many other topics...or it is just that peace I feel about this whole thing. She will come when the time is right for all us.

The financial piece of this journey is causing a little gut check right now. We had a grand plan for how we were going to finance this. The demands that are life got in the way a bit...new brakes, a few crucial house projects, a slow summer at the shop...so now it is time to get a little more creative, pull some money from a stone! But again, I really have a peace about it. It will work. God wouldn't place this in our hearts and open all these doors for it not to work. Faith, hope and love, these things abide!

On other notes, the store may be in for some big changes. There is an opportunity knocking and as always, I just can't let a knock be unanswered. My heart prays for guidance, and sensibility! It would all make the wait for a daughter fly by because my mind would be incredibly occupied! Life is never dull.

I am off... to listen to the rain, enjoy jeans and a warm blanket in August, pull money from a stone, and dream a bigger dream. Ahhh life is good.

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

I will be praying for you financially, and for the wisdom to know what's best for you and your shop! Can't wait to hear the decision!