Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel!

At the beginning of this whole process, I was most concerned about the dossier paperwork. I am not sure why this hung over me so much, but I was stressed from the get go...anxious to get the info and get it done. It has been a piece of cake! We are just about finished, just need to get our passport pictures taken and meet with our notary. It looks like we will be officially waiting sometime next week. I cannot even tell you how excited that makes me! Once we are official, we are really on our way. Whoo Hoo!

We are in the last dog days of summer. It is definitely time for these kids of mine to head back to the hallowed halls of education! They have had a fantastic summer. Our first full summer in the new house was so wonderful. They have built whole cities in the sandbox, collected more frogs than I can count, road their bikes from dusk to dawn, played kick ball, football, baseball, dodgeball and capture the flag for hours on end, swam in the pool til they grew gills, had bon fires, camp-outs, backyard movie nights and sleepovers. It was truly a summer that dreams are made of! I can't wait for them to share all the wonder and excitement of summer with their baby sister next year!

In the mean time, we get ready for school. New pencils and jeans, shoes and notebooks. They are ready to see their friends, spend a little less time with each other :) , and grow their brains a bit more. Ben is ready for mommy only time...and all his friends at " pretty school." Today, as the air holds that hint of fall and we shop for 6 pairs of school shoes (!) I am filled with the blessing that is my life. Three great kids, a storybook home, a wonderful spouse, incredible parents (both by birth and marriage)a blissfully quiet and sweet toy boutique, and a daughter...coming to my arms soon!! God is good!

No comments: