Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't forget

I promised that I would not forget. I promised that I would pray, every day, for health and food, and peace. Ethiopia is a part of my heart. Faces of people I love, honor, and am humbled by are burned into my soul. And my global family is hurting. It is soo easy to get consumed by the election polls, the wild ride that is the Dow, gas prices and having to "tighten our belts". We don't have a clue. We are worried about losing our lattes, our SUV's, and our McMansions. We don't have a clue. We all need a huge kick in the ass...a big old reality check that tells us what is really important. Another ET adoptive mom shared this link. These are the faces from my daughters village. This could just as easily have been her. http://www.noorimages.com/index.php?id=latest_stories This is my global family, and because you love the little girl who came home to my arms...they are your family too. Promise me you won't forget. Promise me you too will pray for healing and health. And if in the tightening of your belts, you find there might just be a little extra, consider giving to http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate/?msource=AZD0408H1001. They helping in Sunshine's village...they are helping my family.

1 comment:

melanie said...

we can't ever forget or we dishonor our daughters. Love you Erica...melanie