Friday, September 12, 2008

Now I'm Counting Minutes Instead of Days

I woke up this morning in Africa! How cool is that? I'm certainly not in my big, old rambling house this morning. The sounds, smells, and scenery are quite different from my usual Friday morning.

Our trip went well. We arrived in Addis about 8:00 p.m. last night and had no problem getting through the airport - visas, money, and customs. We checked into the smaller of the guest houses and are sharing it with two other couples and four college-age volunteers who are here long term. During the night we heard lots of barking dogs and then at 5:00 we heard the Muslim call to prayer. We got some sleep but everyone was awake around 4:00 a.m., so we chatted and anticipated the day ahead.

We are now getting ready to go meet Meron. I can't stop grinning, my tummy is tumbling with butterflies, and my heart feels like it might burst in the next couple of hours.

More later....

5 comments:

Mom to many said...

Oh hooray - I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see your sunshine girl.

Eastiopians said...

WOW! I am so happy for you guys! Good luck and keep us all posted.

Cindy said...

Woo-Hoo! I hope that you have a wonderful first meeting. We are so excited for you!

Cathy said...

YEAH!!! I hope your first meeting with your beautiful girl was wonderful. I am so happy for you all. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kristina said...

I have been thinking about you all day. It's so weird that you are a world away meeting your daughter!!!! I can't wait to see you again back in the MN. Little Faith and Brookie are gonna love their new friend Sunshine:)