Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Okay...NOW I AM EXCITED!!!!

It's like the night before Christmas, the first day of school, the feeling you get when you have your first crush...all rolled into one. How am I ever going to make it another week??? Yesterday I was beginning to wonder when or if this feeling would come. I was overwhelmed, and stressed with all there is left to do. But this morning, I woke up to a beautiful sunrise, and as I rolled over, there was Sunshine's picture staring at me with that look of "when are you coming, already!!" and my heart just burst with joy. I am traveling to Africa to get my daughter in 7 short days. This child I have waited a lifetime for is almost in my arms. I am giddy, giggly and as my son said, "mom you're acting kinda silly today!" So right they are. Silly with joy, showered in blessings, and overcome with thankfulness! Alleluia!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

WOO-HOO!!! I am excited as well! 7 days will disappear before you know it and you will be on your way! I cannot wait to see pictures of that beautiful child in her mommies arms!

BT said...

How exciting! I'm the Wii chick from the forum. I've looked at your blog a couple of times and have enjoyed your enthusiasm and passion for the journey. I can't wait to see your blog after your trip!

Mrs. Frugal said...

It is going to be SO hard not hearing from you while you are in Ethiopia!! So selfish, I know, but I can't wait to hear more about your baby sweetpea and how much your boys love her. As always, thinking of you, Kate

jody said...

wow. so exciting.

prayers for safe travels and a glorious union.