Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ahhh Saturday Morning

It is Saturday morning. No one ran a fever last night, no one coughed all night, it was sheer bliss. However, I had grand plans to lounge in bed, sleeping and just staring out the window at the forest until I absolutely had to get up. Well, then the newspaper came at 6:45, the dog howled, and 3 bed-headed, footie pajama'd, boys came to stand by the bed. "Morning mom, what's for breakfast?" "can I watch cartoons in here?" "How soon can we go to Petco?" Ummm boys, mommy really wants to sleep just a little longer...."Oh okay, we'll go watch cartoons downstairs" Two minutes later, "Mom, nothing good is on, can I try up here? " "Did you say we might have pancakes this morning?" "I think the dog needs to go out" "Can I really get a gecko today?" Ummm boys, mommy is still sleeping. Come back later. Needless to say, by 8 am they couldn't be held off any longer. I had to chuckle to E. We better enjoy these 3 who are pretty self sufficiant...when sunshine comes along....there will be no more lounging for a while!! I can't wait (he on the other hand groaned and said "I am too old") So now we have had pancakes, banned TV for the rest of the day, made our to-do list, and although I am not still in my bed, lounging at the table in my fuzzy slippers and huge sweatshirt, with a great cup a joe and my computer isn't all bad either!

Here's to a happy-not sick- Saturday!

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

Love saturday mornings like that! :) And I have no doubts that when sunshine comes, you guys will once in awhile wish for those days when the kids were self-sufficient but mostly loving every minute! :)