Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pondering

In conversations with our SW today, it looks like we will hear something in the next 2 months. Referrals are tending to come at about 8 months. That means only about 1 and a half months left. There is light at the end of my tunnel, and yet I have so many questions that are unanswered...where is my daughter? Has she left the arms of the mother that brought her into this world? Is she in the care center in Hosanna, adjusting to being without her family, learning a new way to cope in a strange place? Has she been moved to the care center in Addis? Is she being nurtured in the arms of the nannies? What does she look like? Is her skin a creamy latte or a rich chocolate hue? Does she have soft curls, tight twists, or perhaps no hair at all? Is she giggly and boisterous or quiet and wide-eyed? Does her heart know all she has lost? Does her soul sense there is more love to come? So many things I long to know about this child of mine on the other side of the world. I am trying to be patient, to wait for God's timing, but my heart is ready, my arms are ready, and deep down I can hear my daughter calling. I am coming sweet girl...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I am ready for you too!!!

hotflawedmama said...

2 months?!?!?! not a chance. :) i'm still holding out for the next week. don't give up hope!

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

I am holding out for next week too...I have had my cell phone permanently attached!