Friday, March 14, 2008

Things I love about being a mom

I was thinking today about how lucky I am to be a mom. It is not an easy job, or a job for the faint of heart. Being a mom pulls you in directions you never thought you would go. Being a mom brings more joy to my heart than any other thing on earth, so here some of my favorite things about being a mom...

1. When a little hand reaches up and grabs yours when you aren't expecting it.
2. Waking up to a sweet little person with footie jammies and a smile
3. a 10 yr old who comes and lays on your bed, just cause
4. Hearing from a teacher that your child is one of her all time favorites
5.That moment when they think they are in trouble and you surprise them with a hug and a "no big deal!~"
6. Over hearing...."My mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies"
7. Big sloppy 4 year old kisses
8. The trail of clothes from the bathroom to the bedroom that while a pain to pick up, leads to a "sparkely clean kid"
9. Being able to make your child's wish come true.
10. Kissing sleeping foreheads just before crawling in my own bed.

Oh there are days when being a mom is almost more than I can take...but these little moments are what make it my favorite job in the world!!

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

Amen! LOVE being a mom for those unexpected (and expected) delights!