Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sowing Seeds

I was doing some reflection today. I decided people must think I am borderline manic. It seems there are often new projects, new lists to accomplish, not to mention having 4 children, a rambling old house, a procrastinating tinkerer for a spouse, and owning a business. When I list all I have in my life, it could (and sometimes does) exhaust me. Yet in the midst of all of this, it is just me...loving my kids, cleaning my house, trying to make my business go, and feeding my creative soul with a wealth of projects and "changes". I think I also don't give myself credit, for the accomplishments I have made, and the juggling I do on a daily basis. But that I think comes from being a mom and a business owner. The accolades don't tend to flow freely!

The lesson at church today was the parable of the sower. Our pastor challenged us to think about the seeds we sow in our life, and where they are landing. I truly hope, that in the midst of all the chaos that some may see as my life, they also see my faith. There are times when I think about owning the shop, and how it isn't really making a huge difference in the world, not like my hubby's teaching job, or some other jobs that I have had. But I have to think that the seeds I sow may not be immediately visable, but they are planted in earnest. I also spent a lot of time thinking about how life is going to change as I add this 4th child. 4 little people, depending on me, is quite a lot. It might be time to make some changes, slow things down a bit...I don't know. Time will tell. But above all, I hope people see me for who I strive to be. A woman, empowered by her faith in God, to move mountains both big and small, to truly make the world a bit better place, and to instill that empowerment in the children God has blessed me with.

No comments: