Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just So Excited

After the drama of the last few weeks, today I find myself just plain excited. Why this joy today? I don't know, but I am so excited to bring my daughter home. I can't wait to see her smile, hear her laugh, watch her interact with her brothers, smell her, kiss that sweet spot between her jaw and her shoulder, gaze into her huge beautiful eyes...I am just so very excited. I get to parent a little one again! How did I get to be soo lucky?

We took a trip to Target last night to register. Had to laugh at our little parade, working our way through the baby department. There are all these cute, young pregnant mommies with their mommies, hemming and hawing over bibs and burpies...then comes my troop, the long and lanky 10 year old, the totally into it 8 year old, and the 5 year old who just wanted to "shoot" everything with the scanner. We clogged the isles, laughing and shooting, and celebrating what is to come. There are so many unknowns about what little miss sunshine will need...where she will be developmentally etc. So we just got a little of this and a little of that. Very fun! I also registered at my own shop...that was weird, but really fun...I have some cute stuff :) ! It was pretty amazing to me how much some of the basics have changed in the last few years. Bottles and even sippy cups are a whole new deal . Pretty wild.

SO today, that is my story. Joy is in my heart and I can't wait to welcome this little girl into my life!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

:)
I am excited for you!!

Cathy said...

Yeah! Shopping is fun! So excited for you to see your little one.