Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Wee Small Hours of the Morning!

My wee one isn't home yet, but I am getting to know the wee small hours! I think my brain is starting to kick in, and now it is going into overdrive. Falling asleep is no problem, but come about 3-4 am, something stirs me to wakefullness and then the mind starts churning. We are traveling to Africa in 6-8 weeks. We will be going 1/2 way around the world and we will return with a child. The boys will all be starting school. Will I miss the entrance conferences? Will I be there for B's first day of Kindergarten? When should I get school supplies? When will it feel right to go back to work? Will I have time to get the buying done for the shop before we leave? How many onesies should I pack? Where do I buy pro-biotics and what the heck are they really? How are we going to pay for those plan tickets? What should I wear on the plane? How detailed of instructions do I need to leave for the grandparents?

There is just a tiny sampling of all that spins in my head in the wee small hours. Today, I think I will make some serious lists...maybe even some lists for my lists...we'll see.

Huge congrats to Melanie and Gina who both made it through court and are officially mama's. Just hang on for me ladies so we can travel together!!

Okay, now I am all keyed up again...court date coming, lists to be made, a biz to run, and a family to love...I best get my tush off the computer and jump in with both feet!

No comments: