Monday, July 28, 2008

Worth it All

God obviously decided I needed a kick in the pants over the weekend. After my great night of dreams, the sermon at church was titled Worth it All. It hit home. As I sat there, surrounded by good friends, wonderful music, and reminded of the faith that has kept me going, I wondered if this journey has been worth it all. Has it been worth the heartache? Has it been worth the enormous financial strain? Has it been worth the tears, the unexpected weight gain,(who knew you could gain as much adopting as when pregnant!) the challenges? YES!!! Would I do it again if given the choice? YES!!! I sat there, tears eeking out of my eyes and thought of all the blessings on this journey. I have met some WONDERFUL friends, who I would have never known had it not been for this journey. I have fallen in love with a country on the other side of the world. My eyes have been opened to a much more wonderful and diverse world, full of challenges and joys. My faith has strengthened to depths I didn't know existed as I have seen God's hands all over this journey. And I get the honor to parent the most amazing child...my daughter...my sunshine. And I don't we are only at the tip of the "ice berg" right now, the best part of the journey is just about here.

It could be a hard week. I know there will be travel dates assigned and if we don't have our birth certificate yet, we won't be among those. It could be a great week, we could get our BC and our travel date...regardless, we are nearing the end of this journey. A few weeks here or there are not going to make a big difference in the lifetime of weeks we have ahead of us.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing that. I was having one of those days when the wait was starting to get to me and your post helped me regain a little focus. I hope you get lots of good news and soon!