Friday, April 25, 2008

7 months, 2 weeks, 6 days....

or so says the ticker on the top of the page. I am in a funk today...a funkity, funk -funk -funk...I think it is in large part due to the weather and a lack of sleep. It is raining here...again, and it is cold, and the "s" word made it's way into the forecast again. What the *#^^ is all I have to say about that! Rain of this magnitude scares away the shoppers and at the end of our slowest month, I need some sales. Only 2 sales so far today...that kind of traffic doesn't exactly cover the bills...and with it nearing later afternoon, it isn't looking good.

I am getting tired of people asking when the baby is coming. I so want to be able to say...in two months...or 4 or 6, but instead every time I have to explain how we are really close, but we could be really far. People's eyes tend to glaze over fairly quickly when it isn't a short answer! There haven't been any more referrals this month...at this rate ,we are heading toward a fall baby. It really needs to pick up or I really need a pick me up. Sun and a weekend off would be great...unfortuately neither are in the cards. It is a fully scheduled weekend with that s word in the forecast. YUCK!

Okay, before this gets anymore pathetic, I am going to sign off for today. Debbie Downer is going to find some caffine and some chocolate.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hi there Debbie D-
I know how this weather can get any minnesotan down. I haven't exactly been a 'glass is half full' kind of person today either. But the grass is beginning to green and I see buds on the trees-baby steps closer to little Princess Sweet Pea:)

Mom to many said...

Stumbled across your blog and see you are waiting for a referral. Us, too! Our dossier was in Ethiopia in Jan., so we have a bit to wait, yet, but... hopefully soon. I can't wait to read about your journey. Good luck! Are you requesting a baby girl? Age?

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

We are 7 and 1/2 months into our wait for a baby girl under 12 months!