Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pollyanna It Up...

This was the advice from my adoption pal Cindy. It was a good laugh. Now the question is how to "Pollyanna" it up effectively. There was good news by one poster on the CHSFS web forum today. She had heard from her SW that several babies were coming into the care center in the next few days, so to expect some referrals in the next week or two. The Pollyanna in me is sure my daughter is in this group. Crabby pants on the other hand says...oh no...you are too far down the list to have a daughter in this group. Pollyanna retorts (ever so sweetly) with chin up...hope for the best, your daughter is coming, crabby pants sarcastically states...look at the statistics 8 months isn't for a few more weeks...

Here's hoping my SW isn't reading along....I really do start to sound certifiable! So I am going to focus on Pollyanna...I am sure this involves wine and chocolate. I do get a little reprieve this weekend. It is girls weekend with my aunt and cousins at mom's house....a serious dose of estrogen should help (not to mention wine and chocolate!) I am also committing to posting to the blog nearly everyday until that referral comes. Might be a lot of drivel, but it might keep me busy and you faithful blog readers can help me "Pollyanna it up!"

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The home in Hossana was full to the brim with beautiful, smiling, sweet baby boys and girls. They are on their way...I think April is going to be your month!!!!!!!!! It better be... ((((this is me shaking my fist at nothing)))))......
Smiles :)

Kristina said...

Hello there! I am so excited to see Cindy's comment. I can't wait hold that sweet baby girl of yours!!! I will have to appoint myself your adoption doula:)