Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reality Check!

Okay, so woke up this morning, still REALLY bummed out about the whole status of referrals and the fact that I may have to sit and wait much longer than I had anticipated. Just to fuel my misery, I logged on to the forum right after I poured my coffee...checking to see who speculated what in the wee hours of the morning. The first post was titled "Future travelers, bring your flashlights" and had a link to this article http://www.ethiopianreview.com/content/2223. The article states that due to the current drought, there is not enough water in the reservoirs to produce the hydro-power ET depends on. We had discussed last night on the forum that part of the reason referrals are slow could be because of the power outages and the fact that they can't send referrals via internet when there is no power. But talk about a reality check. I thought about how distraught we get when the power is out for just a few hours...imagine 3 months of no power. I can sit here, in my huge house, with my gas guzzling cars, all the lights on, coffee pot on, appliances running, wasting time on my computer, with a DSL internet connection and complain that I may have to wait until fall to get my daughter....when on the flip side, in her country, they are in a drought, have no power, and a grim situation may be heading in an even worse direction. Yep, huge old reality check. I can wait...and we can all pray for rain in ET, for the health and safety of sunshine and her family, and prayers for those in ET working to bring families together.

On a happy note...Tesi, www.hotflawedmama.blogspot.com
is on her way home with her sweet Tariku. Prayers for their safe journey. Can't wait to talk to her once she is home and settled!!

I am off...going to try and keep my reality check at the forefront today!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Didn't Tesi say that they were getting some rain? I certainly hope so it was desperately needed.