Friday, April 18, 2008

Mama's got a new set of wheels

Well, actually, daddy does, but mama has a nice ride, with a heated seat! Found a car last night that will fit all the kids, all the gear, a dog or two, pull the boat, push the plow, and keep us in style! We welcomed a Chevy Trailblazer EXT into the family last night and ALL the testosterone in the house is happy! Phew...I am happy to be done with that search.

On the adoption front, we continue to move up the list. YEAH! We are closing in on the top 10 on the unofficial list. Hope springs eternal! She's getting close.

I was thinking about this journey yesterday and thinking how lucky we are to travel this road. There were 4 strangers, whom I met along this road, who have become true friends and lifelines along the way. So here is a huge shout out to Tesi, Cindy, Melanie, and Gina. I am honored to have these strong women walking this road with me. I hope someday we can all meet in person and love up each other's kiddos! (Melanie and Gina...lets us meet in Addis in July :) ! )

So with that happy Polly Anna thought, I am off. Tomorrow is the Ethiopia Culture Event at our agency...I'll post about it on Sunday!

3 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

awesome! i was going to recommend a honda pilot (love ours) but trailblzer's quite nice too! :) it's been soo nice traveling this road with you too! can't wait for your news, it's coming, i can feel it.

gi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gi said...

oops- i just deleted my comment! it has been so nice to finally talk! let's have coffee in addis!!!

gina :)