Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mama Bear

Mama bear has reared her head today.

I woke up this morning needing to know how my daughter is doing. Has she gained any weight? Is she smiling? Is she being loved enough? Is she feeling better? In all honesty, I am doing okay with this part of the wait. I have so much to get ready before Miss Sunshine comes home. But I need to know more about her. I have memorized her picture, to the point that I can bring it into my minds eye at any moment, and it is no longer enough. It seems the agency has a really sporadic system of getting updates to families. I guess it is being worked on, but we have been told that we may not have any updates until right before we travel. I can't wait, I am a mama and I need to know how my child is doing. The theory is no news is good news. That still isn't good enough.

So for now, I guess I just wait...stare at her picture some more, and hope for an update. One more lesson in patience!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

yeah...
She is being loved and well cared for momma...you know it!!
I do hope they can get you an update...but if you have to wait until the social report then just know that it is a wonderful document.
Sorry I am not more helpful...I will have to figure out something entertaining after the kids go to bed.