Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sinking In

Bit by bit this is all sinking in. I have a daughter on the other side of the world, I will travel to Africa this summer, we are adding a 4th child, WOW! Last night I babysat for a little one who is the same age as Princess Sweetpea and actually not a whole lot bigger than she is. They will undoubtably be buddies as they grow up. It was quite the reality check to have a baby around again. She was missing her mama and was pretty sad for the first while...I kept thinking, this is just what we will face when we get to Africa. The agency we use transitions the kids and parents over a few days. As much as I mentally want to just take sweetpea into my care the minute the plane touches the ground, I certainly see the logic in taking it slowly. By the time she is fully ours, we will have had time to get to know each other. My biggest fear is she won't like me. I have wanted a daughter since I was about 2. I want her to cling to me...know that we are together forever. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

Summer started around here yesterday. Everyone but mom is now off for the summer. I must admit, the thought of having to "escape" to work doesn't sound too bad! There are lots of projects planned and things to do, so it should be a fun summer. The boys are at the stage where they can pretty much run wild. We back on to a huge nature preserve and have an endless sandbox and pool in the yard. Vacation at home will be quite wonderful I think! If you are anywhere near...or want a destination...head on over! The sand, the pool and the deck (give us a week to finish it!) await!

We are in the midst of a garage sale this weekend. I am always soo surprised at what sells and what doesn't. We have been dodging lots of severe weather, but so far we have missed it every time. Yesterday was a lot of take stuff out, bring it back in...but we have made some good spending money for Africa!

I best scoot and get back to my post in the garage. Continue to keep sweetpea in your prayers...hoping to hear of a court date soon!

No comments: