Friday, June 13, 2008

Vacation!!!

It is time to force myself away from the computer...to commune with the loons and my kayak, and forget about court dates, travel dates, and not getting any updates! I am trying to prepare from the withdrawl I might face, a week with out my blog, my computer and my cyberspace family...but I need a break.

A year ago at the lake, we were just getting ready to start our adoption orientation. We were sure it was our last week at the lake toddler free for a few years. But now we are at this year...no baby in hand, but baby in our hearts and minds. I would have never guessed a year ago that we would still be waiting. So as sad as it makes me some days...I am pledging to fully enjoy vacation this year. The big boys are at the age where they can pretty much run free, which means more kayak time, more novel reading, more wine drinking ;) ! Next year will be a whole different ball game with an almost 2 year old, so I am going to take full advantage of being a family of 5.

We (I) am impatiently waiting for a court date. Several others who got their referrals the same day as we did have gotten court dates of July 7. I need to clear this step...to know she is mine. So cross your fingers we hear soon!

I will post pics of vacation when we get back. Enjoy a week break from the saga of my life...I think I will :) ! And check back next Saturday for an update!

No comments: