Saturday, August 23, 2008

3 weekends

That is all we have left until we leave. This morning I woke up to a full bed. The 8 year old came in about 3 am with a nightmare, the 5 yr old came in about 5 am because he was cold. I think the cat was there all night, and I know the dog joined the pile at about 6:30...pretty sure hubby was there all night, but I couldn't really see him through the crowd. As I was laying there awake, my mind spinning with the to-do list for today, I looked over at the sleeping profiles of those I love the most and imagined Miss Sunshine sandwiched in-between all of us and I couldn't help but smile. It was a fitting image. We have a very full life, just like my very full bed, but it seems we can always always fit in the most important things. It won't always be comfortable or easy, but there is always room for more love, more snuggles, and if you wiggle, a little more room in mom and dad's bed!

The list of what to conquer is pretty long today and tomorrow. We'll see how far we get. E heads back on Monday, so it is kind of now or never for a few projects. By the end of the weekend we hope to have the trim painted in the back porch, a new screen door installed, the 10 year olds room cleaned (that could take a life time!) the garage clean enough to actually park a car in, a few pieces of furniture moved around, and about 8 loads of laundry done and put away. Not to mention I have to work this aft, we sing with the worship band on Sunday, and E needs to spend some quality time with his classroom. Yieks...I think I am tired already! But it is a joyous tired. We are getting soo close to so many wonderful things...

Okay, now that I am having a slight panic attack about the above list, I am logging off and getting my rear in gear!!

No comments: