Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grab the Kleenex

Okay, so I am an emotional bundle these days...doesn't take much to start the water works. And since it is always more fun to share in the tears, I thought I would share with you the "tracks of my tears" these are happy, bittersweet, joyful mommy tears! If ya don't want to join in, then stop reading NOW!

1. Imagining the moment I leave B at the kindergarten door, and have a whole week ahead of me with three in school, none with me.

2. Figuring out how to say goodbye to the boys when we leave to travel. Kissing their sweet heads, breathing deeply enough to carry their smell with me to Africa and back.

3. Arriving at the airport in Dulles, meeting Mel and John, our journey mates, and having it hit me that we really are going!

4. Landing on the ground in Addis

5. Finally smelling Africa

6. The moment we ascend the steps to the care center and walk into the room to meet our daughter. Then finally we can hold her, smell her, kiss her, make her smile, and hear her voice.

7. Meeting sunshine's family in Hosanna, and the moment we connect in our love for this child.

8. Saying goodbye to the nannies who have loved and nourished her for the past 4 months.

9. Leaving Africa, our daughter's home, but being ready to be home.

10. 8 hours in the Dulles airport (these are tears of fear!!)

11. Arriving home in MN, coming down the escalator in baggage check and FINALLY having my family all together! Holding all of them
.
12. Seeing J, Z, B loving on their long awaited sister

SO as you can see, it just takes a momentary ride down the ole imagination trail to get the tears flowing. Happy tears...dreaming tears...mommy tears.

3 comments:

melanie said...

Oh honey,,I am right with you!!! I do think once I see you and Eric, it will really hit me that we are actually going to Ethiopia!!! love ya! melanie

Finding Joy said...

Hi there from a CHSFS forum member! Girl, you are so ready! I can relate to every single thing you are saying...about leaving your boys, about having ALL of your children in your arms at one time. I did all of this a year and a half ago. I am so, so excited for you and somehow feel a connection to you in particular because I had two boys that I was bringing a 13-month-old sister home to! All the best to you and may you have a blessed trip. Looking forward to following your journey!

Cindy said...

Wonderful thoughts! They will be even better in reality!!