Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It is really going to happen!

I am really going to go and get my daughter in Africa. It really is going to happen. I am finally letting myself truly relax and just enjoy this time. I am savoring the moments of packing, list making, and imagining. I am letting my mind go to those moments: seeing her for the first time, smelling her, touching her, seeing her play and smile, holding her as she falls asleep, loving her through her adjustment, giving her a bottle, rubbing her bald little head, giving her her first doll, so many moments filled with so much joy, it just bubbles over. I could get really keyed up about packing, worrying about travel to a foreign country, worrying about leaving the kids...but I don't want to waste another moment worrying...there has been more than enough of that this journey, now is the time LIVE this most amazing miracle. To open my heart up to it's core, and let all that is to come fill me up.

1 comment:

whatever_heather said...

You are going to have such an amazing time...especially now that you are letting go of the worrying. I can't wait to hear all about it!!