Monday, August 11, 2008

Growing Boys or Nesting...you decide!

So yesterday I set out and conquered the boys closets! Three large bags worth of items to donate, and everyone has clothes in their drawers that actually fit! And in a moment of sheer cosmic bliss, I was actually able to take things from one closet, and move them down to the next and so on. It was great! I would love to say that we planned it and when we had all these boys, we spaced them just so, so that hand me downs would fit every year...this is the first year it worked and what great timing. Thankfully it looks like other than a few pairs of jeans and tennis shoes, shopping this year can be minimal!

Then I hit our room. We have a HUGE bedroom, far bigger than any bedroom needs to be. It ends up being the upstairs playroom...so, it is was full of random legos, Playstation controls, discarded magazines, granola bar wrappers, and laundry that hadn't found it's way to it's proper home. So while watching the amazing Men's 400 meter relay, I armed myself with the vacuum, a large trash bag and some muscle. It's almost done, and lets just say...oh yuck. But it is getting better. Today I will finish that, attack the 10 year olds collection of treasures in his room, and see what else I can find. Nesting? or Fall? You be the judge!

We hope to have news by Wednesday of this week...then we can really kick it into high gear. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Mom to many said...

Must be nesting - which is a good thing!

Mom to many said...
This comment has been removed by the author.