Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Three Weeks

Three weeks from right now, we will be touching down in DC, ready to meet up with friends for supper, then on the overnight flight to ET. Wow. Only 3 weeks left. A year ago right now, I was anxiously awaiting the paperwork for our dossier. I was nervous and excited and predicting that we would travel to get our daughter in the spring. And now, here it is, fall again, and once again I am nervous and excited, but now my daughter has a face and a name. She has things all over our house that are just hers. I have laundry that is hers, I have a suitcase full of things for her...and "her "is a real live little person, who has no idea what the next month has in store for her!

The next 3 weeks are going to fly by. I feel like every moment of everyday is so very precious. I feel like I have to pack it all in, get it all done, before our lives shift so dramatically. I can't wait.

I was reflecting on the summer today. Emotionally, it was a really hard summer. This journey really took it out of me. Mother guilt was really creeping in until the boys and I were talking about the plan for the next few weeks. Z said, "wow, we really got spoiled this summer! It was the best!" I asked him to tell me more...he rambled off all the fun things of the summer...bonfires, dinners with the neighbors, boating, the lake, house projects, grandparent time, I was so relieved! No need to feel guilty for not providing much of a wow factor for the summer...they had a great time, and they are ready to start this new chapter.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

:)
I am so excited for all of you!! Not too much longer!