Sunday, May 25, 2008

Do Not Worry

Don't you love it when God just flat out tells you to chill! E and I were the vocalists with the worship band at church today. I love to sing at church and this was definitely the balm I needed. The passage for today was from Matthew 6:24-34 and the last verse "So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries of it's own. Today's trouble is enough for today." really hit home. So true. Worry is not going to change the outcome of this process.

During the time for prayer requests, we asked for the congregation to keep us in their prayers this week as we wait, impatiently to be matched with our daughter. As my pastor later lifted our request up in prayer, she spoke of the joyful anticipation the whole congregation feels for this little one that we will all welcome. I got very teary...then right after the prayer, E and I sang Eagles Wings. We had rehearsed it many times, but for the first time it really spoke to me about my daughter. There is a line I had to sing about "famine will bring you no fear". That did me in and I finished the verse with the tears glistening in my eyes.
We ended the service with "Step by Step"...step by step you lead me and I will follow you all of my days...

It was just the kick in the pants I needed to remind me that God truly is at the helm of this ship, and God's hand leads and protects us, and God's arms embrace us. I feel much better...more peaceful, ready to meet my daughter!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Isn't it wonderful when He sends us just exactly what we need!
Praise God for reality checks:)
Your post is just what I needed to read today...thanks darlin!
Happy Waiting;)