Monday, May 12, 2008

A New Week...

and hope abounds. E is out of town for the week. We are having mom and kid time (aka DQ for dinner) these weeks when he is gone are hard and easy all at the same time. Easy because sort of anything goes....but hard because I am not cut out to be a single parent! We will all be happy to see dad when he gets home on Saturday.

The referral rumors are flying all over...lots of babies in the care center...more referrals coming...nothing concrete, but rumors that make your heart beat a little faster! I do feel we are so close. There are a about 5 of us who all have the dossier date of 9/5 and we are all requesting baby girls. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I continue to be optimistic that we will make it thru!

The dilemma I am facing right now has to do with the 2 that will be sharing a room once baby is home. She is set up to be in our room for now...however, she will eventually get the little bedroom that B is in and B and Z will share a room. I would love to know what any of you BTDT mom's recommend. I am thinking about putting the boys together sooner than later...be able to make a big deal of transforming their room, getting the new beds etc. Summer tends to be a little easier for projects. I worry that with transition to school, new sister, etc, changing rooms later might be harder. That said, the flip side is they could have their own room for longer if we waited. But knowing they will eventually share...does it make sense to put off the inevitable....I don't know how long little one will be in our room...not sure what will seem right for her. But we know eventually she will have her own space. So let me know what you think...I am looking for guidance!!

I am off to read a magazine in the sunshine for a bit...happy Monday and keep those prayers coming!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'd ask them what they think! They are smart boys.

I would lean towards putting them together sooner as a getting ready for baby thing - but after the referral you get this week! :) They could use the other room to play in - in the shadow of the crib...

Crossing fingers and toes!

--Auntie

whatever_heather said...

Thanks for the tip! I am working on scoring a spa day SOON.
I hope you get that call this week!! Thinking of you guys waiting!
:)