Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not thinking about it...

is truly impossible. Four days is what stands between me getting my daughter in my arms by September, or waiting until possibly December to bring her home. Pretty hard not to have this as a sole focus on my mind. Get a referral and accept it by Friday and we should be good to make it through court before the rains. Get a referral the next week and we wait to get through court in October. Pretty stressful stuff. Also have to be at work today (the owner seems to pull the holiday weekends...how is that?? Remind me to schedule better next year!) and at work, if it is slow, as a holiday weekend typically is, I am left with my thoughts and the computer. Not to mention a baby shop is about the last place I should be!

But I am faithful. I am hopeful. I believe in a God who can do miracles...God sent me on this journey and has directed the path all along. When the seed of adoption was planted in my heart years ago, God watered it, he planted the seed in E's heart and watered it as well. God showed us our daughter is in Ethiopia, and the path hasn't been easy, but it has been filled with little miracles all along. I have faith, I have hope, I almost have peace....it will happen.

Keep praying, we need a little miracle.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hang in there - she'll come. She's waiting - and she will be your daughter for the rest of your life. What a lucky girl! :)

See ya soon,

--Auntie