Thursday, May 22, 2008

Waiting for Joy

I have to remind myself, all this waiting and uncertainty is for the most precious gift. Sometime, in the next 7 months, I will hold my daughter. Of course I hope this is on the shorter side of 7 months...but regardless, this is a once in a lifetime wait...and I am truly waiting for joy like I have only know a few times before. I think if the dreaded court closure wasn't hanging over my head, I could really be celebrating the excitement and anticipating the joy. But those darn court closures really feel like a huge cloud hanging over the process. Maybe once we get past that date, if we haven't made it through, I can relax, knowing that the worst case scenario is THE case and just chill.

I indulged in retail therapy this am. Hit Target (my own oasis), got a vat of Diet Coke, picked up some burpcloths, and little toy links. I had to refrain from buying clothes as those cute sundresses aren't going to work well if she comes home in November! But a little pink goes a long way.

There have still been no referrals today...we are now at T-5 days and counting. Ugh.

I am going back to my happy place, with diet coke and maybe spin some James Taylor tunes...and continue to refresh the adoption forum...holding out for good news!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thank goodness there is some action happening!!
Fingers and Toes crossed for you!!