Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Waiting Blues

Wow...do I have a case of these today! I had been doing pretty good until I did a little math this am. (Yeah...I know, the results might be questionable, math was never my best subject). We are between 8 and 12 on the unofficial list. That would make us most likely between 16 and 22 on the real list. There are only 2 weeks left until the June 1st cut off. There are fabulous rumors running wild about huge batches of referrals coming and the Care Center taking in lots of kids to get them to their forever families before the courts close. But will there be enough? We also are in the middle of a large clump of families that are requesting baby girls. How many baby girls will come into care? Is my daughter in the mix? I am pretty sure there won't be referrals this week as it seems there is often some down time between batches. SO I have pinned my hopes on next week, but I don't want to be too hopeful.

I think the week as a single parent is also taking it's toll. I am ready to share the tasks again...could use a hubby hug, someone else to poop scoop, take out the trash and help move the huge rocks in the garden I am dreaming up. The kids have been great, it's all the other stuff that flows into a day that I need him back for.

B "graduates " from preschool tomorrow. I am not sure in my tender emotional state I will handle that very well. My baby, done with preschool (or as he calls it "Pretty School" ) I can't believe I have to send him off to the big school next year. Yieks. Tears will be a flowin.

So on the upside, we finally seem to have found spring. It is going to be a really nice weekend, so I am planning hard physical labor, lots of flower planting, and a good sunburn to take my mind off things. That and a few glasses of wine and I should make it.

Please keep praying for us, our daughter, and patience. I am trying very hard to trust that God has this all worked out, and it will be more than I ever dreamed...but some days, it's a stretch!

2 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

ugh. she's there...erica, she's there. i saw her, she's beautiful...doesn't make it any easier but it's true and we all love you and can't wait to hear your great news!!!

Cindy said...

I like what Tesi said!!!
I am sorry that the cutoffs are taking their toll on you. I cannot imagine it honestly. I hope that the BIG batch is indeed coming and that you hear something next week.
We are thinking happy thoughts for you in the meantime :)