Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Wrecker

Okay...so I already got my hair chopped off...that brought no luck. SO it is on to bigger and better things. My poor spouse. He survived three pregnancies with me, but this "pregnancy" might just send him over the edge. To say I am restless is a huge understatement. I need to be busy, I need to accomplish some big task...I need to feel I am doing something instead of all this sitting and waiting. The grand state of Minnesota is not helping in this endeavor. Normally, I could be putting all this pent up energy into the yard...clearing the gardens, tidy-ing the play areas, attacking the garage...but alas there is sn*#!! in the forecast yet again and it has just been too damn cold and yucky to get the yard prepped. So that leaves me with the house. I already re-did the bathroom and installing the new patio door might just be a little too much for me to tackle. So tonight I am going on an archaeological dig...and unearthing the wood floors in the living room. We have a huge living room...really too big I think, and it is carpeted in white...yes WHITE carpet. I have 3 boys, 2 dogs, and a cat...think that carpet is still white? No way sister! I am sick of looking at dirty carpet...so it is coming out. The thought of my sweet precious little girl crawling on that carpet is enough to make me rather nauseous...so out it is coming. Back to my poor spouse...he's had a long week...he is tired...and getting a cold, so the kids and I are going to do this job (well, most of it!) Said spouse also reminded me that we have a house full of company coming tomorrow..I said...won't they love the new look of the floors!

So keep your fingers crossed...that hubby doesn't pack up and leave me...that the wood I am 98% sure is under that carpet really is there and intact...and that I can have it all spit-shined and pretty by tomorrow's company! I'll post pics as soon as it's done!!

No comments: