Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

I am sure I won't make it into blog land tomorrow as it is shaping up to be a very full day. However, I wanted to wish the mommies out there a very happy Mother's Day. Whether you have birthed your children, adopted your children or come to mothering through some other way, you are a mom through and through. It is the worlds hardest and most amazing job. I wouldn't trade it for the world. So for all of you out there who answer to the name mom...I raise my glass to you this weekend!

We celebrated a short and sweet Mother's Day this am at my house. E leaves in the am and we have company tonight, so it seemed breakfast was it. As was so eloquently said to me..."we interrupt this regularly scheduled Saturday to bring you Mother's day." I got to eat a yummy butter braid and have my coffee cup frequently re-filled. Z made me a sweet bookmark, B had a cute and funny preschool project, J got me earrings that have an African look about them and Dad got me this
I Love it...you can find it at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11410437.
I am wearing it with pride today...along with my earrings. My heart truly is in Africa right now.

After our short programming preemption, it was back the regularly scheduled program of scrubbing toilets and folding laundry...ah yes, a mama's work is never done. But at least I know I am loved!

On the referral front, there was one more reported referral Friday pm. Someone had heard from a friend who was recently at the care center that there were at least 50 babies in care...so this Mother's Day, I pray for all those babies who have lost the mother that gave them life and are waiting for the mama who will nurture them through life; prayers for the mommies who's arms ache to hold their children, and praises to God for bring families together.

Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

Happy Birthday my love! Hope you have a wonderful one that comes with exciting news on Monday. Thinking of you lots!

Cindy said...

Happy Mothers Day to you!! Love the necklace...DH has good taste :)

Mom to many said...

Love your necklace - I have that one. I still wear it every day. Good job Dad. Happy Mother's Day to you...