Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peace

I don't know why, but I am remarkably calm about this whole situation today. It could be that I am fairly certain that no news will come today, as most referrals go out on Thursdays or Fridays. It could be that I had a good weekend, with my family, enjoying the sun, working on a deck, and being away from the computer. It could be that God has given me a little peace for my patience, which feels so good. I have also arrived at the point where I realize she will come. It is out of my control when she will come, but she will come. If I have to wait an excruciatingly long time, finally getting her in my arms will become that much sweeter I guess. And I have peace because I have hope. I really do. I am going to have a daughter....how lucky am I?

So I am hoping this very Zen outlook continues to hover over and through me all the way until Saturday. Then, I will most likely be giddy with joy or pretty crushed with disappointment, but regardless, she is coming sometime before the new year, and when I am finally blessed enough to lay eyes on her sweet face, true joy will be mine.

(Please keep praying...zen like or not ;) )

1 comment:

EJK said...

Amen!

Sore muscles. But Amen!

And just think. She'll have a new deck to enjoy!

-DH